ME- How did you get the scratch on your face?
MR.C- I can't remember
ME- Did you fall down at recess?
MR.C- Yeah by the circle thing but I did not hurt my eye
ME- Did one of your friends make the scratch?
MR.C- NO!!! MY FRIENDS ARE SPECIAL TO ME!!! THEY WOULD NEVER!!
ME- Well how did you get that scratch then??
MR. C- I don't remember
ME- Are you telling the truth?
MR.C-Uh maybe??
ME- What does that mean?
MR.C- I don't know
I realized I was getting no where with him. When we got home I made the kids wash up from the suckers that they were eating in the car (the suckers were the treat for Mr. C having a good day at school). I tried to see if I could wash the "dried blood" off of his face but he screamed. I decided it probably hurt and I would just try later. I looked at the mark and was a little surprised at how red it was...but I could see a little scratch....and figured that that was where all the blood came from. Mimi (my mom) saw him a little later and also thought that it was a scratch. As the day went on his scratch changed....and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I dragged him to the bathroom and tried to clean up his "scratch".....I quickly realized I was not cleaning up blood....but I was cleaning up RED MARKER!!! I quickly asked Mr. C if he had colored on his face, to which he smiled and said YES!! I said, "why in the world did you color on your face??" He said, "I wanted to look like the Horny Toad lizard in my book, you know the one that can shoot blood out of them eyes??" SERIOUSLY!!! What am I going to do with this kid!! Needless to say I could not do anything but laugh!! I guess I need to be more selective in the books I let that kid read. My only regret is I wish I would have taken a picture with him and his "horny toad eyes."



2 comments:
That is hilarious! What a funny little boy!
That is really funny!
Post a Comment