
This last week Big B and I went to see Spamalot with his mom and one of her friends. Big B had gotten the tickets from his parents for his birthday. It was a funny musical. We had some good laughs. We used to go to more "cultural events" before we had kids, and when we had "more" income. Anyway, it has been a few years since we had been to a off Broadway show. It is always fun to go out and go to the theater. We were lucky that Poppy (Big B's dad) was willing to watch the kiddos so that we did not have to worry about a babysitter. He was even able to get the kids in bed, which was something we worried about.
Anyway, like I said before the show was more of a comedy then anything else. However, there was one song that was called, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" that kind of made me think. The main character, King Arthur, is down in the dumps feeling like everything is hopeless when his trusty side kick starts to sing the song. King Arthur pipes in at one point and says, "Always look on the bright side of death." Anyway, the play goes on and at the end when everything has worked out and is grand the whole cast sings "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" again, and this time King Arthur sings the correct words.
Anyway, the song hit a little too close to home. Sometimes, especially lately, I have felt like King Arthur....a little glum, wondering if ANYTHING would/will EVER work out for us. But then something usually happens that reminds me that I need to focus my attention on all the things that are going positively. Sure the negatives are still there, but they are not the main focus. What is in focus are all of the blessings that I DO have. And many of those blessings include people who read this silly excuse for a blog, my family. I know without a doubt in my mind that I would not have gotten through some of the trials that my family and I have had to face without the love and support they have offered us. So to all of my family, thanks for being the "bright side of life" for me and my little family. WE LOVE YOU and APPRECIATE YOU more than words could ever express!



1 comment:
Well good for you Shanna. I know it's similar for us. We really have no idea what our "Real Life" is going to be or look like yet, although we hoped to know long ago. But then the truth is, there's nothing really BAD about our life right now, it just isn't where we thought we'd be.
Post a Comment