Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Grocery Store Adventure

Sweet E has continued to do well with potty training. The other day we received a coupon for a free candy bar in the mail. I used the candy bar as an incentive for Mr. C to do all of his "chores" (clean up all of his toys, help vacuum, eat all his dinner, help clean up table and dishes, etc.) Mr. C was more than happy to help given the opportunity to get a candy bar. Anyway, Sweet E was a little bummed so I told her she could have the same deal....but she had to continue to do well going to the bathroom. Well the kiddos lived up to their end of the deal.....so after dinner we headed to the grocery store so that they could cash in on their coupon. Mr. C and Sweet E were well ahead of us and already on the candy isle. When I turned the corner to head down the isle there stood Sweet E in her Minnie Mouse underwear....her skirt was around her ankles....and Mr. C, being the good brother he is, was pointing laughing at her hysterically! Since making the switch to underwear Sweet E has lost some inches in her hips....making it more difficult for her to keep her pants up! Poor Sweet E was embarrassed and said, "My skirt too big it fall down!" I quickly fixed Sweet E's little wardrobe malfunction, and then had Big B carry her on his shoulders the remaining time we were in to store so that we would not have another wardrobe malfunction. Sweet E is pretty tall for her age....lengthwise she needs 3T clothing....waist wise she would probably be fine with 2T....so I guess I need to head to the store and find some cute belts. We would hate for Sweet E to have problems with modesty at such a young age!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just buy dresses. That is the best thing about potty training girls, no pants to pull down, no belts to buckle, no buttons to deal with. Just pull it up. I am already stocking up on dresses for Macy.

Plus they look so darling with tights or leggings and boots in the winter!