Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday Card Artist


So we have a little bit of a problem here. You see it is kind of a tradition in my family to get my Dad goofy cards....or as he would call them "car wash cards." Well for someones B-day recently we purchased the card above....it may be hard to see....it is titled "Red Necks On Saturday Nights." The guy on top of the car is saying, "Here's your moon roof, Earl!" Obviously you can see the dude has his pants down sitting on top of the truck. When I saw this card I died laughing and had to buy it for a certain person. However, I failed to think about the effects such a card would have. Mr. C got sight of the card and thought it was hilariously, "NASTY!!" Now for everyone's B-days he wants to buy them a "NASTY" card. Since I have refused to buy "NASTY" cards....especially after I saw how he reacted to them....he started to draw his own version of the card above. The first time he did it was in sacrament meeting last week.....then again later in the week for me so I would feel "happy".....then he drew one for Mimi. Unfortunately he is getting to be a pretty good artist....unfortunately he is not that great so his picture can be misinterpreted to be even NASTIER! He has gotten into some serious trouble.....but he still thinks it is SO FUNNY! I have tried to stop him, now I am just taking bets how long it will be before Mr. C pulls this at school....and I get called in for yet another parent teacher conference. Any takers?? If this doesn't get me nominated for Mother of The Year I don't know what will!!

Oh and if this effects your betting....it is "Artist"week at school....and Mr. C has officially proclaimed himself the "BEST" artist!

uhh....I think I am going to go try to find a good cave to hide in again....



And for the record.....NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BUY ANY CARDS WITH ANYTHING BUT A CUTE DOG,CAT , OR LANDSCAPE ON THE FRONT FOR THE FAMILY PARTIES....THAT INCLUDES YOU POPS!!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

So funny, you need to post one of his versions!